Coatings & Industry > Physical properties > Water Absorption Tester
Hydrostatic Head Tester
This tester can add water pressure in constant rate on tarpaulin, when water drop penetrate from tarpaulin, at this moment the pressure is hydrostatic pressure characteristic of tarpaulin.
1. Water pressure method: Water level increase at speed of 1cm/sec. When three points penetration happen, record the highest level. ( this is the most common method)2. Fixed water pressure method: Water level increase to a particulate level atspeed of 1cm/sec. record the time when three points penetration happen.3.Leakage method：Water level increase to particular level and stop immediately and then observe how much water leaking (ml) within a regulative period.
The QC-317A is the mid-level electric type with test capacity up to 1800 mm/H₂O of long and big dimension.
With this tester, the test specimen is fixed tight by pneumatic clamps, so it is necessary to prepare an air compressor in the lab for proper operation (1-2HP will do).
Conform to Standards
- ATCC 127
- JIS L1092
- ISO 811
Specimen size : 8inch x 8inch (about 20cm)
1. Pressing area: 4.5inch (about 114mm)
2. Grip method: pneumatic, able to preset gripping strength.
3. Water pressure height: 0~1800mmH2O (With scale)
4. Pressure speed: 5~30mmH2O/sec Adjustable
5. Upper/lower limit switches are for protecting the machine. Lower limit is zero point of water level and this tester must return to zero point before performing next test to ensure accuracy of each test.
6. With quick return control to avoid waiting for a long time for stand-up
7. Dimension: 65x70X285 cm (W ×D ×H)
8. Weight: 125 kg