Corrosion Tests Analysis
Coatings & Industry > Corrosion + Ageing
Analysis System QUANTIZ® QUANTIZ® Light
Combination of hard- and software, especially for image capture and image analysis at corrosion tests
- Scribe delamination
- Edge corrosion
- Corrosion on the surface
Purpose and Application
QUANTIZ® provides an automatic evaluation and documentation of various corrosion samples.
The Analysis System QUANTIZ® and QUANTIZ® Light are a combination of hardware and software, especially for the automatic evaluation and documentation of various corrosion samples; connectable via USB cable to standard laptops / PCs (must be provided by the user).
The specially designed lighting technology enables the analysis on different contrast levels and allows specifically for filiform corrosion samples to evaluate them without manual removal of the affected paint coats.
Principle of the Test
The evaluation can be adjusted by the user in a simple manner to the requirements of the test. Possible evaluations: scribe delamination, edge corrosion and corrosion on the surface.
The results are available together with the images in a Excel format.
Compared to sheer software for image-processing, as so many available, and their necessity of additional hardware, it provides many advantages:
- Hardware-control completely integrated into software (no switching between different tools);
- Images become inserted into software automatically (no necessity of inconventient image-import into software);
- Hardware is delivered fully calibrated, so that no calibration is more required by the user (pixel/mm, geometric-distortion);
- Hardware is compact compared to repro-units (advantageous in case of limited space);
- Image acquisition:
- Setting may be saved for reproduction(reproducible, well defined settings)
- Analysis-results stored together with images(completing the documentation on analysis-procedure);
- Hardware provides bright-field-illuminaton allowing for non-destructive analysis of Filiform-corrosion, bubbling (infiltration) and extra sensitive detection of white-rust on zinc;
Dimensions (L x D x H) approx. 620 x 220 x 530 mm
Weight, net approx. 4.8 kg
Power supply 100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
Max. sample width 150 mm
FOV (camera) 190 x 110 mm (L x W)
Dimensions (L x D x H) approx. 500 x 500 x 800 mm
Weight, net approx. 20 kg
ower supply 100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
Max. sample high 150 mm
Evaluation of results by camera system vs. manual result evaluation
- Any visual or manual evaluation, y ranking or classifying of the results is sufferingof the following:
- Visual evaluation & judgment trough the users'eyes include the "human error"
- Individual impression by the user is time-limited in his mind & remembrance.
- No digital documentation.
- An automatic evaluation by a digital vision system can provide the following advantages:
- Exclusion of the "human error".
- "Impression" is exchanged against measurement and the validity & access to the values is not time-limited.
- Objective, precise and repeatable results.
- Digital communication
- EN ISO 21227-2 is making a good approach to describe a standard vision system to achieve reliable results.
- Design parameters of EN ISO 21227-2 as the following:
- Pixel resolution: min 6 pixel / mm
- Illumination: Diffuse bright field (recommended)
- Area of Interest (AOI): 70 mm x 70 mm (recommended)
- Threshold setting: by means of reference samples according ISO 20567-1
- Available vision system for evaluation of chipped samples
- Quantiz can be used to analyze chipped samples and corrosion samples.
- For chipped samples Quantiz provides
- damaged area (specified in %)
- number of impacts
- Storage of numerical results together with image